You live in your home, so it makes sense that you’d want to make it as inviting as possible to yourself and anyone else who might be dropping by. With these 10 tips, you can make your home the coziest it’s ever been without losing your sense of style or without feeling like you spent hours upon hours decorating and making the place look exactly how you want it to look. After all, we all need a little bit of comfy in our lives!
1) Add in plants
There’s something about plants that just make a space feel more alive. Not only do they add a pop of color and texture, but they also help purify the air. If you’re looking to make your home more inviting, adding some plants is a great place to start. Indoor plants are easy to care for and will add life to any room in your house. The best part? You can find them in any price range! It might be tempting to buy the expensive ones, but there are plenty of options for those on a budget too. All you need is one plant with vibrant leaves and it’ll instantly make your space seem brighter.
2) Buy fragrant candles
Candles are one of the quickest and easiest ways to make a space feel cozier. Not only do they add light and ambiance, but they can also make your home smell amazing. Choose candles with scents that make you happy and relaxed, like lavender or vanilla.
Place them in strategic locations around your home, like near the front door or in the bathroom. Light them when you want to create a cozy atmosphere, and enjoy their calming effects. It’s also important to switch up the scent every so often for new smells, so buy new ones each season! If possible, try burning some before you head out for a night on the town so your house smells great when you get back!
3) Get an area rug
Not only do they add an extra layer of coziness, but they also help muffle noise. If you have hardwood floors, an area rug is a must. Plus, they come in so many different styles that you’re sure to find one that fits your taste. Just make sure you get a rug pad to prevent slipping and bunching. You can buy them separately or already built into the rug itself. Rugs are also relatively inexpensive, which means you can buy more than one!
4) Brighten your room with white lights
One way to make your home more inviting is by brightening up your rooms with white lights. This will give your home a warm and welcoming feeling. Plus, it will help you save on your energy bill!
Here are a few tips:
- Use LED bulbs instead of traditional incandescent bulbs. They last longer and use less energy.
- Place lamps in strategic positions around your room. This will help brighten up dark corners and create a more even light throughout the space. Also, be sure to place lamps at the end of couches and chairs so they can be used as task lighting when reading or working on projects.
- Use softer colors for walls that match your lighting scheme: When choosing paint colors for walls, consider using softer colors that match the color scheme you have created in each room. For example, if you have chosen a soft yellow for light fixtures and furniture, then choose a cool blue for walls or vice versa.
5) Hang art that makes you happy
When you walk into your home, you should feel an instant sense of happiness. One way to achieve this is by hanging art that you love. Choose pieces that make you smile or remind you of good times. The more personal the connection, the better. Not only will looking at happy artwork make you feel good, but it will also help to create a positive and inviting atmosphere in your home.
6) Add wall hangings
Wall hangings are a great way to add personality and style to your home. They can also make a space feel more inviting and cozy. Here are 10 tips for choosing the perfect wall hangings for your home • Figure out what you like: You’ll have better luck if you figure out what you like before going shopping. If you’re not sure, start with just one piece of art and see how it looks in your room. Once you figure out what you like, it will be easier to find other pieces that go well with it.
7) Maximize your fireplace mantel
A fireplace mantel is one of the most important design features in a room. It’s not only a focal point, but it can also be a place to display your personal style.
Here are some tips to make sure your mantel is as inviting as possible
- Clean out anything that no longer serves its purpose on the mantel and only leave items that you truly love there.
- Take a moment to look around and decide what kind of space you want this area to feel like before adding any decorations.
- Be mindful of how much light gets into the room and adjust candles accordingly so they don’t cause too much glare or affect visibility.
- Keep all items at eye level for an easier viewing experience!
8) Ditch your cable box for a DVD player
If you’re looking for ways to make your home more inviting, start with your entertainment setup. Ditching your cable box for a DVD player can give you a cozier feel in your living room and save you money each month. Plus, there are tons of different TV stands that offer plenty of storage space for DVDs and CDs!
Most people want their homes to be welcoming enough so that they never want to leave. That’s why it’s important to take care of your windows by having them professionally cleaned on a regular basis so that you never have dirt or grime build up on them. You should also invest in blackout curtains or drapes because they’ll allow you the perfect escape from reality at any time!
9) Pick out cozier fabrics
When it comes to fabrics, cozier is better. Opt for plush fabrics like velvet or wool instead of scratchy materials like linen or cotton. Not only will you be more comfortable, but you’ll also feel like you’re being enveloped in a warm hug. Plus, these fabrics are great for snuggling up on cold winter nights. Be sure to have plenty of blankets around the house and maybe even one by your bed. Turn down your thermostat: No one likes living in an icebox, so why not just turn down your thermostat? Not only will this make your home more inviting, but it can save you money as well!
10) Personalize each space with its own color theme
A home should be a reflection of its owner’s personality. By personalizing each space with its own color theme, you can make your home feel like an extension of yourself. Plus, it’ll make guests feel more comfortable and welcome when they enter your abode.
Here are some tips for setting up your home to be inviting:
- Use bright colors in most spaces in order to create energy;
- Keep as many surfaces clean as possible so that people will want to touch them;
- Include plenty of natural light sources for a warm glow during the day and night;
- Put things away! You may think it’s nice to have all your belongings out on display but don’t forget about the ultimate goal of making your home welcoming—not overwhelming.
- Clean up after yourself as much as possible (especially before company arrives),
- Smile often and
- Be open-minded and receptive to other people’s thoughts and opinions. You never know who may come through your door someday!