It’s that time of the year again where everyone is packing their bags and hitting the road for a weeklong holiday in paradise. But before you leave, make sure you do a quick sweep of your home to make sure everything is in order. Here are 5 tips to help you clean up after a busy week in Phuket:
- De-clutter your home – Once everything is packed and ready to go, take some time to go through your belongings and get rid of anything that’s not necessary. This includes things like old clothes, magazines, and articles of furniture that you no longer use. You’ll be amazed at how much space you’ll save this way!
- Clean up your car – After packing all your clothes and other essentials, make sure to clean up your car before you leave. Include cleaning phuket out the glove compartment, the center console, and the trunk if there’s anything left over from your vacation. This will help reduce traffic congestion on the roads while you’re away!
- Sweep and mop – After cleaning up your car, it’s time to sweep and mop your floors. This will help remove any dirt or dust that might have accumulated over the course of the week.
- Wipe down all surfaces – Once everything is clean, it’s time to wipe down all surfaces in your home with a damp cloth. This includes doors, windowsills, cabinets, countertops…you get the idea.
- Vacuum – Finally, vacuum all floors and areas rugged (like hardwood or tile). This will help remove any dust or debris that was missed during step 3. Now that everything is clean and tidy, enjoy your vacation without having to worry about putting everything back into place afterwards!
What to do before you visit Phuket
- The best way to clean Phuket after a busy week is by using the beach as your main resource. Bring along plenty of water and soap, and head to the sand for a refreshing scrub!
- Another great way to get your Phuket cleaning done is by using the misting system in hotels. Simply fill up your bathtub with cold water, add some lavender oil or tea tree oil, and turn on the jets. This will help you get all of the dirt, sweat, and makeup off of your skin!
- Finally, don’t forget about candles! They are an amazing way to help remove any oils or sweat from your skin, while also providing a pleasant fragrance.
How to clean during your stay
If you are staying in Phuket for a busy week, it is important to clean your room before leaving. This includes emptying the trash can and recycling bin, cleaning the desk and closet, and cleaning the shower area.
For the desk, you can use a gentle vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment. If there are any large objects on the desk such as textbooks or computers, you can place these in a plastic bag and take them with you when you leave. For smaller items like pens and paperclips, you can just sweep them off the surface.
For the closet, you will need to take out all of your clothes and hang them up in organized categories. Once everything is hung up, take out all of your shoes and put them in one pile. Next, take out all of your hats and place them in another pile. Finally, empty your pockets onto the floor and give everything else – including wallets – to charity or throw it away.
When it comes to cleaning the shower area, make sure to use warm water to wash all of the surfaces – walls, glass doors/windows, tile floors – then dry off completely before putting anything back into place. You may also want to clean around any drains or areas where water tends to accumulate on the floor; this includes behind door hinges and around bathroom corners.
Tips for packing light
- Bring a small duffel bag with all of your essentials and only what you need for the duration of your stay.
- Pack light, staying organized is key to avoiding packing headaches when you’re on the go.
- Make sure to pack everything including your shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste as well as any medications you may require.
- Bring a towel and washcloth so that you can take care of basic hygiene needs such as washing your face and hands when necessary.
- Avoid bringing large items that will take up space in your bag such as televisions or heavy clothing items; instead, bring smaller items that can be easily packed away when not in use.
- If traveling with other people, designate one person to be in charge of packing and unpacking the bags while everyone else spends their time exploring the destination and experiencing the culture firsthand.
Tips For Cleaning after a Busy Week in Phuket
Here are a few tips for cleaning after a busy week in Phuket:
- Start with the floors. Sweep and vacuum all surfaces, including the corners and furniture. Pay particular attention to the areas near the doors and windows where dust and dirt accumulate.
- Clean the counters, cabinets, and appliances. Wipe down surfaces with a damp cloth or sponge. remove any lingering food particles or grease with a clean rag.
- Check all light fixtures and bulbs for dust and debris. Remove any cobwebs or webs that have built up in the fixture. Replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- Wash windowsills, glass doors, and other exterior surfaces as necessary. Use a mild soap solution mixed with water to clean glass surfaces; avoid using abrasives or scouring pads, which could damage the surface finish.