Paint can have an amazing effect on the way you feel when you walk into your home, and even the mood of your visitors. To help you choose the right paint color to brighten up your space, we talked to interior designers who shared with us their five favorite surprising paint ideas that really work to brighten up a room and make it more inviting, based on their years of experience working with homeowners. Read on to discover what they had to say!
Pop of Colour
A pop of colour can brighten up any room, and it doesn’t have to be a big commitment. A little goes a long way when it comes to adding a pop of colour, so don’t be afraid to experiment. Here are five surprising paint ideas that’ll brighten up your home, according to designers. Margot Wilkman from Village Painters recommends going for greens or blues in bedrooms for those who wake up grumpy in the morning.
She says it will make you feel like you’re waking up on vacation everyday. Your favourite vacation spot should always be in your bedroom, she says. Frank Lottini from Benham & Reeves paints his own house with metallic paints because he believes they help bounce light around the space better than regular ones do. He also believes they’re great if you live near water because they won’t corrode as quickly as other paints will.
Dark Accent Wall
One of the most surprising paint ideas that can brighten up your home is a dark accent wall. This might seem counterintuitive, but a dark accent wall can actually make a space feel more intimate and cozy. Plus, it can be a great way to add a pop of color to a room without going too overboard. If you’re looking to make a statement, a dark accent wall is definitely the way to go.
Use Colour in an Unexpected Way
While white walls are a popular choice for many homes, they can sometimes feel a bit bland. If you’re looking for a way to add a little more personality to your space, consider using colour in an unexpected way.
Here are five ideas from designers that will help brighten up your home.
1) Painting A Wall with Metallic Tones: Metals like gold and silver often appear very glamorous and have been popular choices for hotels, so why not try them out at home? Use these colours sparingly and on one wall only to make sure it has enough impact.
2) Painting An Interior Window with Colourful Stained Glass Panels: In a bedroom or living room, stained glass panels offer light and sparkle while making the space seem larger.
3) Painting Different Sizes of White Rectangles Across A Wall: Alternate between small and large squares or rectangles to create interest and dimension in any room.
If you’re looking for a way to add a pop of color to your home without going too crazy, then painting your staircase is a great option. You can either paint the entire staircase one color or get creative and paint each step a different color. Either way, this is a great way to add some personality to your home.
Dark Walls with White Floors
If you’re looking for a way to make your home feel brighter and more welcoming, consider painting your walls a dark color. It may seem counterintuitive, but dark walls can actually make a space feel more open and airy. Plus, they’re perfect for accenting white floors and furniture.
Here are four dark paint colors that designers love -Charcoal:
- -Cadet Blue: The quintessential denim blue
- -Navy: A timeless classic
- -Burgundy: Perfect for warmer months
- -Dusty Pink: Ideal if you want a soft look